Zelensky says Ukraine and US negotiators will meet after Russia visit

President Volodymyr Zelensky has said Ukrainian officials are preparing to meet US negotiators, after high-stakes talks between the US and Russia over a plan to end the war in Ukraine failed to produce tangible results, BBC reported.

Zelensky said a meeting would be arranged "in the coming days" once the US team had returned from Moscow.

President Donald Trump's special envoy Steve Witkoff and son-in-law Jared Kushner spent almost five hours with Russia's Vladimir Putin at the Kremlin on Tuesday, according to BBC.

Search for long-missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 to resume

The search for the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will resume on 30 December, over a decade after the aircraft with 239 people on board vanished, Malaysian authorities have said, BBC reported. 

This fresh search, which will run for 55 days, had begun in March but was suspended shortly after because of poor weather conditions.

"The latest development underscores the [Malaysia's] commitment to providing closure to the families affected by this tragedy," the transport ministry said Wednesday, according to local media, according to BBC. 

Honduran ex-president Juan Orlando Hernández released from US prison after Trump pardon

Juan Orlando Hernandez, the former president of Honduras, has been released from a US prison, according to online records of federal inmates, after he received a pardon from US President Donald Trump for drug charges, BBC reported. 

The records show Hernandez was released from the high security facility of USP Hazelton in West Virginia on Monday.

Hernandez was found guilty in March 2024 of conspiring to import cocaine to the US, and of possessing machine guns. He was sentenced to 45 years in prison, according to BBC.

India tells smartphone makers to put state-run cyber safety app on new devices

India has ordered all new smartphones to come pre-loaded with a state-run cybersecurity app, sparking privacy and surveillance concerns, BBC reported.

Under the order - passed last week but made public on Monday - smartphone makers have 90 days to ensure all new devices come with the government's Sanchar Saathi app, whose "functionalities cannot be disabled or restricted".

It says this is necessary to help citizens verify the authenticity of a handset and report the suspected misuse of telecom resources, according to BBC.