Six dead as Russia hits energy and residential sites in Ukraine
At least six people have died after Russia launched hundreds of missile and drone attacks on energy infrastructure and residential targets in Ukraine overnight, BBC reported.
A strike on an apartment building in the city of Dnipro killed two people and wounded 12, while three died in Zaporizhzhia.
In all, 25 locations across Ukraine, including the capital city Kyiv, were hit, leaving many areas without electricity and heating. Prime Minister Yulia Svyrydenko said on Telegram that major energy facilities were damaged in the Poltava, Kharkiv and Kyiv regions, and work was under way to restore power, according to BBC.
More than 1,000 flights cancelled as US air traffic cuts enter second day
More than 1,000 flights to, from, or within the US were cancelled on Saturday after airlines were told this week to cut traffic during the federal government shutdown, BBC reported.
Nearly 4,000 flights were also delayed, down from over 7,000 delays on Friday, according to flight tracker FlightAware.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced earlier in the week that it would be reducing air travel capacity by up to10% at 40 of the nation's busiest airports as air traffic controllers, who are working without pay during the shutdown, report fatigue, according to BBC.
German general says Russia could launch limited attack on NATO any time
Russia has capacity for a limited attack against NATO territory at any time but a decision to act would depend on the Western allies' posture, a top German military official warned, Reuters reported.
"If you look at Russia's current capabilities and combat power, Russia could kick off a small-scale attack against NATO territory as early as tomorrow," Lieutenant General Alexander Sollfrank told Reuters in an interview.
"Small, quick, regionally limited, nothing big - Russia is too tied down in Ukraine for that."
Sollfrank, who heads Germany's joint operations command and oversees defence planning, also echoed NATO warnings that Russia could potentially mount a large-scale assault on the 32-member alliance as early as 2029 if its armament efforts persist, according to Reuters.
Harry apologises to Canada for wearing LA Dodgers cap during World Series
The Duke of Sussex has apologised to Canada for wearing a Los Angeles Dodgers hat while attending a World Series game against the Toronto Blue Jays, BBC reported.
Prince Harry joked that he was "under duress" when he wore the bright blue cap during the epic Game 4 of the World Series in Los Angeles. He thought it was "the polite thing to do" after being invited to the game by the Dodgers' owner.
His headgear choice upset many in Canada - a Commonwealth nation- who criticised him for not showing his allegiance to the realm, or to the only Canadian team in Major League Baseball, according to BBC.



