Kirtipur Municipality building torched
Protesters have torched the building of Kirtipur Municipality in Naya Bazaar.
According to police, protesters set fire to the main building of the Municipality.
Protesters set fire to NC President Deuba’s residence in Budhanilkantha
Protesters also vandalized and set fire to the residence of Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba in Budhanilkantha on Tuesday.
Similarly, protesters set fire to and vandalized the residences of Minister for Communications and Information Technology Prithvi Subba Gurung and Maoist Center Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal.
Protesters torch UML party office in Lalitpur
Protesters have torched the CPN-UML party office in Chyasal, Lalitpur on Tuesday.
According to Lalitpur Police Spokesperson Chakraraj Joshi, the protesters vandalized and set fire to the party office of the UML.
Police are trying to take the situation under control, he said.
Protesters vandalize, set fire to CPN (MC) Chair Dahal’s house
Protesters vandalized and set fire to the house of CPN (Maoist Center) Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal in Khumaltar on Tuesday.
Protesters also set fire to and vandalized the residence of government spokesperson and Minister of Communications and Information Technology Prithvi Subba Gurung.
Lalitpur Police Spokesperson Chakraraj Joshi informed Annapurna Post, sister publication of The Annapurna Express, that the protesters set fire to and vandalized Minister Gurung's residence in Sunakothi, Lalitpur.
According to him, the fire has already been taken under control.
Protesters hurled stones and set fire to Minister Gurung's residence during the protest of Gen Z.
According to Apil Raj Bohra, spokesperson at the District Police Range, Kathmandu, protesters have been demonstrating in almost all the places.
He said that the protesters are also demonstrating in front of the residence of CPN-UML Chairman and Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli in Balkot.
Likewise, protesters are also protesting near the residence of Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba in Budhanilkantha.
Health Minister Paudel resigns
Minister for Health and Population Pradip Paudel tendered his resignation on Tuesday.
He has announced his resignation, saying that he cannot remain in the government under current circumstances.
Paudel also said that the Nepali Congress should leave the government in this situation.
Nepal lifts ban on social media platforms after protests where police killed 19 people
Nepal’s government lifted its ban on social media platforms Tuesday a day after police killed opened fire on mass street protests against the ban, killing 19 people, Associated Press reported.
The district administration ordered an indefinite curfew in the capital and schools were closed. A curfew was also imposed in two other cities.
Several widely used social networks, including Facebook, X and YouTube were blocked in the Himalayan nation last week after failing to comply with a new requirement to register and submit to government oversight.
Rallies against the ban swelled to tens of thousands of people in Kathmandu and crowds surrounded the Parliament building before police opened fire on the demonstrators, according to Associated Press.
“Stop the ban on social media. Stop corruption, not social media,” the crowds chanted, waving national flags. Monday’s rally was called the protest of Gen Z, which generally refers to people born between 1995 and 2010.
Hydropower projects advance in Myagdi
Two hydropower projects with a combined capacity of 58.8 MW have been completed on the Rahughat River and its tributaries flowing through Raghuganga Rural Municipality in Myagdi. Three more projects with a total capacity of 111 MW are in the final stages of construction. The 37.5 MW Chimkhola–Rahughat–Mangale Hydropower Project, developed by Tundi Power Company, and the 21.3 MW Thulokhola Hydropower Project, developed by Samyukta Urja Limited, have already started commercial production.
The Rahughat project is temporarily connected to the national grid through a switchyard at Tilkenichowar in Raghuganga-3. Prakash Timilsina, resident engineer of Tundi Power, said the electricity is being supplied through a temporary setup to avoid wastage, as construction of the Dandakhet–Rahughat transmission line is not yet complete.
An eight-kilometer 132 kV transmission line from Bandi to the Chimkhola–Rahughat–Mangale power plant in Chimkhola was jointly built by the Thulokhola and 22.5 MW Upper Thulokhola projects. In addition, a 220 kV transmission line from Chimkhola to Tilkeni was constructed in partnership by the Thulokhola, Upper Thulokhola, Chimkhola–Rahughat–Mangale, and Upper Rahughat projects.
According to Binod Poudel, Plant Manager of Samyukta Urja, the Thulokhola Hydropower Project, built in Kuinemangale of Raghuganga-8, was connected to the central transmission line in Bhadra and has since been operating at full capacity. The project, estimated to cost Rs 3.6bn, was financed by a consortium led by Nepal Bank Limited, along with Sunrise Bank, Rastriya Banijya Bank, and Siddhartha Bank. Water from the Thulokhola dam, located at the border of Kuinemangale and Chimkhola, is channeled through a 3,382-meter tunnel and a 634-meter penstock pipe to a powerhouse in Chhari for electricity generation.
Similarly, the Chimkhola–Mangale–Rahughat Project in Bandi, Raghuganga-8, diverts water through a 5.3-kilometer tunnel and a 950-meter penstock pipeline to its powerhouse in Bagar, Chimkhola (Raghuganga-7). The cost of the 48.5 MW Upper Rahughat Hydropower Project, promoted by Tundi Power alongside Chimkhola–Mangale–Rahughat, is estimated at Rs 14bn.
Meanwhile, Upper Rahughat is preparing for test production. The 40 MW Rahughat Project and the 22.5 MW Upper Thulokhola Project, both promoted by Raghuganga Hydro, a subsidiary of the Nepal Electricity Authority, are also nearing completion.
Agriculture Minister Adhikari quits
Minister for Agriculture and Livestock Development Ramnath Adhikari has resigned from his post on Tuesday.
Adhikari announced his resignation from the ministerial post, writing on social media on Tuesday.
“I cannot stay in the power following the deaths of 19 people in the Gen Z protests. Hence, I am resigning from the ministerial post,” he said.







