1) What is the first thing you’ll do when the lockdown is over?
I will go to eat Basantapur's famous jhol momo and then go for a long drive with my friends.
2) Do you think the pandemic has changed or will significantly change your life?
Yes it has changed our lives. Apart from teaching us to be humble, it has also taught us how important saving money is. It has taught me not to be over-ambitious and stressful about work all the time, and to enjoy the little things in life.
3) Something you’ve been doing the most often during the lockdown?
Ironically, I have been busier. I have started my own talk show called, “Lockdown Rendezvous with Sampada” where I interview famous Nepali personalities. I am regularly writing articles for various national dailies, and am also working on a film script. This lockdown has given me an opportunity to explore the power of digitalization.
4) A movie/series you would suggest for the lockdown?
Up in the Air, Parasite, Joker, Gilmore Girls, Virgin River, Money Heist.
5) Have you read anything lately? Would you suggest it?
I have in fact re-read a lot of books during this lockdown, like Prajwol Parajuli's “Gurkha's Daughter” and “Land Where I Flee,” Amar Neupane's “Seto Dharti,” Paulo Cohelo's “Alchemist” and “Aleph.” And also lots of Enid Blyton's books that I used to read as a child, which I have kept safely over the years.
6) Best music to listen to during the lockdown?
AR Rahman’s songs. And calming Buddhist meditation music.
7) How do you workout during the lockdown?
- I do yoga: ‘Suryanamaskar’ and ‘pranayams-kapalbhati,’ ‘anulom vilom’ and ‘bhramari,’ which are very important to keep your mind relaxed and calm, and also to keep you immune from the corona virus.
8) If not at home, where would you preferably be locked down?
In a cottage full of books and film DVDs, near a beautiful beach.
9) If you were to be locked down with a Nepali celebrity for 21 days, who would it be?
Actress Gauri Malla didi. I really admire her, and I have so much to learn from her that even 21 days would not be enough.
10) One dish you wouldn’t mind eating everyday during the lockdown?